What conditions are treated with the Candela® laser system?
The PicoWay* Laser treats a variety of tattoo pigments including black, blue green and other tattoo colors as well as other pigmented lesions such as birthmarks and liver spots. The PicoWay* Laser wavelength maximizes beam penetration, providing optimal results in the treatment of deeper pigmented lesions such as Nevus of Ota.
Why is the laser a safe treatment?
The Candela tattoo removal laser is safer than traditional skin care treatments because of its unique ability to treat the tattoo or lesion pigment selectively. Pigment or tattoo removal is accomplished in our Cranston, Rhode Island ( RI ) location, while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
How effective is the treatment?
The effectiveness of the laser is dependent upon the age, location, depth, and type of tattoo or pigmented lesion, as well as the composition of the pigments.
Why choose pigmented lesion or tattoo removal?
Many people are uncomfortable with unsightly pigmented lesions such as Nevus of Ota, or with tattoos they had applied in the past. It is estimated that as many as 50% of people with tattoos regret their permanence and would like tattoo removal. With the Candela lasers, treatment is now possible.
What does treatment involve?
Treatment with the Candela lasers varies depending on the age, size, and type of tattoo, the color of the patient's skin and the depth to which the tattoo or pigment extends beneath the skin's surface. In general, these steps will take place:
- The patient wears opaque covering or goggles to protect the eyes.
- The skin's reaction to the laser is tested during the first visit to determine the most effective treatment.
- Treatment consists of placing a hand piece against the surface of the skin and activating the laser. Many patients say that each pulse feels like the snapping of a rubber band against the skin.
- Smaller tattoos or lesions require fewer pulses, while larger ones require more. All tattoos require multiple visits by the patient for effective tattoo removal.
- The Candela system is less painful and requires less recovery time than some other treatment methods. The degree of discomfort varies, depending on the patient's pain threshold. Most patients do not require anesthesia, but depending on the nature and location of the tattoo or lesion, the physician may use it in some cases.
Does this treatment work for previously treated tattoos or pigmented lesions?
Patients with previously treated tattoos may be candidates for the Candela laser system. Tattoos or pigmented lesions that have been partially removed by other tattoo removal treatments may respond well to Candela laser therapy if prior treatments did not cause extensive scarring or skin damage.
For more information, visit the Rejuvaderm™ Medispa for consultation.
For more information please click here to email us. Rejuvaderm MediSpa offers Candela tattoo removal laser services at our Cranston, Rhode Island ( RI ) location.